Thu 3 Jun 2010
Posted by Pinto Naravane under Rasa Vineyards
We just received our first perfect rating.
Rand Sealey, in his online publication http://reviewofwashingtonwines.com, has given our 2007 Principia Reserve Syrah a perfect score of 20/20 points (only his second perfect score).
Here is his review:
- Named after Newton’s seminal work on the physical world, this is a faultless, compelling Syrah.
- It displays a deep purplish color and decadent aromas of black cherries, cassis, blueberries, grilled berries and nuts, with scents of lavender, violets and oriental perfumes.
- The sensuous exoticism continues on the palate with fleshy roasted yet refined flavors that ooze extracts of blackberry juice, kirsch liqueur, orange peel, licorice and squeezed blueberries, accompanied by mocha, bittersweet chocolate, hazelnut and dried berries.
- The back palate shows tremendous depth, with notes of loess earth and wet stone minerals, and culminates in a lingering, complex two minute long finish that is marked by fine grained tannins, superb fruit-acid balance and roasted vanilla bean.
- All beautifully harmonized, this is the finest combination of strength and elegance I’ve found in a Washington Syrah so far.
- 20/20 points.
If you’d like to purchase some, please go to http://rasavineyards.com/order_form to place your order.